CLEVELAND, Ohio — Opening Day arrives Monday in Cleveland as the Indians celebrate the beginning of their 2019 home schedule using taking up the Chicago White Sox. The Indians are 61-fifty seven in Home Openers all-time, consisting of a 13-12 mark at Progressive Field. Last yr, Cleveland scored three times inside the backside of the first inning and hung on for a three-2 win against Kansas City inside the domestic opener.
Monday marks the twenty-third time the Indians will face the Chicago White Sox in their Home Opener. The clubs have split the previous conferences eleven-eleven. Cleveland’s maximum common Home Opener opponent is Detroit (33 games). Since shifting to Progressive Field, the Tribe is two-4 against the White Sox in Home Openers, with the latest win coming in walk-off fashion in 2017. The Indians are 21-15 in a single-run game in Home Openers and feature authored nine shutouts in home-establishing video games.
Francisco Lindor’s first-inning solo home run towards the White Sox in 2017 was the latest Indians homer in a Progressive Field starting the day. Below is an entire rundown of Monday’s sports and what to anticipate if you’re heading to the ballpark.
- Who: Chicago White Sox (1-2) vs. Cleveland Indians (1-2).
- When: Gates open at 2 p.M. First pitch is scheduled for four:10 p.M.
- Where: Progressive Field, 2401 Ontario Street, Cleveland.
- Pitching matchup: RHP Ivan Nova, Chicago vs. RHP Mike Clevinger.
- How to observe: Sportstime Ohio, ESPN.
- How to concentrate: WTAM 1100 AM, WMMS a hundred.7 FM.
Tickets: The sport is bought out, marking the group’s twenty-seventh consecutive domestic opener sellout. The Indians recommend lovers seeking tickets that best cards offered and acquired via Indians.Com or through the membership’s different secondary ticket issuer, StubHub, could be assured to get entry to Progressive Field. Forecast: Snowy skies will provide a way too bright sunshine beginning at noon with chilly temperatures attaining as high as 36 stages by game time, according to the state-of-the-art AccuWeather forecast. Get the cutting-edge through cleveland.Com/weather. Pre-game ceremonies: Fans are endorsed to arrive early for several pre-game ceremonies slated to begin at 3:30 p.M.
- – The Indians will mark the twenty-sixth Home Opener at Progressive Field and their 119th season as a constituent member of the American League, in addition to the sixth season in which Cleveland will host the MLB All-Star Game.
- – The membership will rejoice its 2018 American League Central Division identify by revealing the AL Central Division pennant above the right area.
- – Hall of Fame participant-manager Frank Robinson will be remembered with a No. 20 patches on the Indians’ domestic opener jerseys. Robinson, who has become the first African American manager in MLB history on Opening Day 1975 for Cleveland, surpassed away Feb. 7.
National Anthem: Retired Navy Petty Officer, 1st Class General Wilson will perform the National Anthem at three: fifty-eight p.M. The Indians will honor all branches of the U.S. Navy, as individuals of the Marine Corps, Army, Navy, Coast Guard, and Air Force will gift the colors. Progressive personnel will unveil a giant American flag from 50 Star Productions.
Ceremonial first pitch: Wane Kirby, who authored the ballpark’s first stroll-off win on April four, 1994 whilst he singled home Eddie Murray in the 11th inning for a 4-3 win in opposition to Seattle, will throw the primary pitch to former teammate and Indians corridor of Famer Sandy Alomar Jr at four:01 p.M. Alomar registered the central Indians base hit earlier in that equal sport.